- High pulse energy at kHz rates
- Diode pumped solid state design
- Air cooled – external water supply is not required
- Turn-key operation
- Low maintenance costs
- Optional streak camera triggering pulse with <10 ps rms jitter
- Remote control pad
- PC control via USB (RS232 is optional) with supplied LabVIEW™ drivers
- Optional temperature stabilized second, third and fourth harmonic generators
- Time resolved fluorescence, pump-probe spectroscopy
- OPG/OPA/OPO pumping
- Other spectroscopic and nonlinear optics applications
PL2210 series lasers are diode-pumped, air-cooled, mode-locked Nd:YAG lasers producing picosecond pulses at a kilohertz pulse repetition rate.
- Model PL2210 delivers 400 μJ, 25 ps pulses at an up to 2 kHz repetition rate
- Model PL2210A delivers 900 μJ, 25 ps pulses at an up to 1 kHz repetition rate
- Model PL2210B provides pulses with up to 2.5 mJ energy at a 1 kHz at pulse duration of 80 ps
- Model PL2210B-TR, in addition to a 1 kHz pulse train, has an output of 88 MHz pulse train with 5 W average power that can be used for pumping synchronously pumped OPOs
Short pulse duration, excellent pulse-to-pulse stability, superior beam quality makes PL2200 series diode pumped picosecond lasers well suited for many applications, including material processing, time-resolved spectroscopy, optical parametric generator pumping, and other tasks.
PL2210 series lasers offer a number of optional items that extend the capabilities of the laser.
A pulse picker option allows control of the pulse repetition rate of the laser and operation in single-shot mode.
The repetition rate and timing of pulses can be locked to an external RF source (with –PLL option) or other ultrafast laser system (with –FS option).
The laser provides a triggering pulse for synchronization of the customer‘s equipment. A low jitter SYNC OUT pulse has a lead up to 500 ns that can be adjusted in ~0.25 ns steps from a PC. Up to 150 μs lead of triggering pulse is available as a PRETRIG option that is designed to provide precise, very low jitter trigger pulses for a streak camera. Custom-built models with higher pulse energy are available on request.
Built -in harmonic generators
Angle-tuned LBO and/or BBO crystals mounted in temperature stabilized heaters are used for second, third and fourth harmonic generation. The harmonics separation system is designed to ensure a high spectral purity of radiation directed to the output ports.
Simple and convenient laser control
For customer convenience the laser can be controlled from a user-friendly remote control pad or USB interface. The remote pad allows easy control of all parameters and features a backlit display that is easy to read even while wearing laser safety eyewear. Alternatively, the laser can be controlled from a personal computer with supplied software for a Windows™ operating system. LabVIEW™ drivers are supplied as well.
- Option PRETRIG provides low jitter pulse for streak camera triggering with lead/delay in -150...150 μs range and <10 ps rms jitter.
- Option P80 provides 80±8 ps output pulse duration. Main specifications:
|Pulse energy*, mJ 1)||0.7||1.2|
|Pulse duration (FWHM), ps||<80|
*At 1064 nm
- Option PC allows reduction of the pulse repetition rate of the PL2210 series laser by integer numbers. Single shot mode is also possible. In addition, the –PC option reduces the low-intensity quasi-CW background that is present at laser output at 1064 nm wavelength. Please note that the output of fundamental wavelength and harmonics will be reduced by approx. 20% with installation of the –PC option.